Odoo Infrastructure - Quick Start
Odoo Infrastructure is a system that provides remote management of Odoo infrastructure - servers, databases, addons. It consists of multiple addons with different functions that are mutually integrated into a single structure. The Yodoo Client application provides a common graphical interface for the system and allows to manage Odoo infrastructure form one application.
To start working with Odoo databases, you need to create and configure Odoo instance (server).
Configure Odoo Instance (Server)
- Open Odoo Infrastracture application.
- Under the Infrastructure menu, click Instances.
Click Create, a form for creating a new instance opens.
Enter the name of a new Odoo instance (server), click Save.
- Click Initialize.
In the opened window, you can specify parameters for new Odoo instance. To create a new instance:
In the Odoo Workers field, specify the number of workers for new server. Number of workers defines how many new processes will start to perform the work. For Odoo11 and Odoo12, it is recommended to have 1 worker for each 6 internal users. For Odoo13 - it's 1 worker for each 25 internal users. Later, you will be able to increase or decrease number of workers from the Server configuration menu.
- In the FS Size field, specify the size of server file system
- In the Odoo Serie field, specify the version of Odoo for this instance
- Click Initialize
A new Odoo instance will be created.
Creation of a new instance may take about 2 minutes.
- To check if the instance is created, under the Server tab, click the Refresh button.
When the instance is created, additional control buttons will appear next to the Refresh button.
- Now you need to set up Upstreams for this instance (server). Click Upstreams on the form.
On the Upstreams page, click Create to configure a new upstream. On the form that opens, do the following:
Enter the name of new upstream (it will be generated automatically)
- In the Frontend field, select one of the default frontends
- Click Save
- Once instance is created, it will be automatically started and configured. You can see the server status on the Server tab, on the right.
- Now Odoo instance (server) is running and configured. Click Activate to activate the server.
The server will be activated and its status will change to Active.
Create Odoo Database
Open the Odoo instance (server) where you want to create a database.
Click Databases. A page with databases opens.
To create a new database, click Create. In the opened form:
In the upper field, enter the name of the database object (this is not the real database name, it is a database alias for more convenient display)
- Below, enter the database name (it may be automatically generated after entering the name above)
- Click Save
- The object of database is created. Now click Test to establish connection to physical database.
- The database status will change to No remote db. Click Create DB to create a remote Odoo database.
- A dialog window opens. Select one of the database templates and click Create. Creation of a database may take some time.
- When database is created, its status will change to Active.
- Click Sync to synchronize with the database. After synchronization, you will be able to see all the actual database data, including installed addons, backups, users, etc.
You can quickly install required modules to a database directly from the Yodoo Client interface.
- On the database page, click Install Module.
2. On the opened window, in the Module field, specify all the modules you need to install. For a quick-search of the modules, start typing the name of the required module. Click Install to install selected modules.
You can log into created database as administrator to install additional modules and make required configurations.
On the database page, click Admin Access. You will be immediately redirected to your database.
Once logged in, you can check the installed modules and make the final database setup.